Organizations eligible to apply for an Impact100 Greater Peninsula grant must be:
- Tax exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, independent of a financial sponsor (local affiliates may apply under the 501(c)(3) of the national organization).
- Located in and serve residents of Newport News, Hampton, Poquoson, James City County, Williamsburg, York County, Gloucester, Isle of Wight and Smithfield.
- In possession of at least three full years (36 months) of independently prepared, audited, or reviewed financial statements.
Priority will be given to organizations that:
- Have an annual operating budget of at least $250,000, excluding in-kind contributions.
- Be able to provide copy of most recent Audited Financial Statements or Form 990.
- Utilize 100% of the funds awarded by Impact 100 in, and to benefit, the Greater Peninsula.
- Two or more nonprofits may collaborate on a transformative process and submit a joint application, but the lead applicant must satisfy the stated eligibility requirements.
- Target under-served populations.
- Highlight unmet needs in the community.
- Will have a high impact on beneficiaries or communities.
Grants will not be provided for:
- Debt reduction, operating deficits, interim or bridge funding, or endowment funding.
- Individuals or private foundations.
- Activities that are religious or political in nature.
- Fund drives, annual appeals, fundraising events, or general capital campaigns.
- Faith based organizations are eligible to apply only if the faith based organization is a part of collaborative grant application. Applications from religious organizations cannot be used to advance a faith-based program.
- Private foundations are not eligible to apply and applications from a private foundation will not be accepted.
- Grant applications that are requesting, or include, funding to support general operating expenses, debt reduction, operational deficits, endowments or memorials, bridge or interim financing, partisan or political activities, events and or legal expenses will not be considered.
- Organizations previously awarded an Impact 100 Big Give Grant may not apply again for a minimum of two (2) grant cycles.
As we continue to grow and evolve, Impact100 Greater Peninsula reserves the right to change its eligibility criteria
without notice at any time.
APPLY FOR A GRANT